Your Designs Will Flow
With online invitations, it’s incredibly easy to make your save-the-dates, invites, wedding website, and even thank-you cards all part of the same design suite.
Incorporate your wedding colors and the general vibe of your wedding into the details of your invitation, just as you would with a traditional invitation.
Why Have A Wedding Website
Are you wondering whether you really need a wedding website? The answer, of course, is that you dont *need* to do anything for your wedding that doesnt suit you and your partner.
If you are thinking of having a website for your nuptials though, they can be a great way to keep guests up-to-date on whats what.
Lots of sites now let you build in things like guest lists , gift preferences and accommodation recommendations for your guests.
The other thing lots of wedding websites offer is a personalised email address. This is great if youre doing lots of the coordination of your big day yourself, as you can keep all your wedmin away from your regular inbox.
Travel And Accommodations Info
Having travel information easily findable on your wedding website and app can really come in handy for your guests on the day of the event. If they forget the address of the reception or what time the shuttle leaves, they can just check the app instead of frantically calling you or other guests.
If youve reserved a hotel block, its also a great idea to provide the necessary info on your website. Of course, its even more convenient if they can access all of the info through your wedding app! For more tips on what travel and accommodations info to include, click .
Recommended Reading: How Much Is A Wedding
Check Out The Features Of The Joy Wedding App:
- Your Joy wedding site automatically includes a link to download the app.
- If you dont see Get Our App in the website menu, go to the dashboard of your wedding site and check your settings. You can remove the link to your app from your wedding site, just make sure that it isnt checked by accident if you want your guests to be able to easily download the app!
- Once you log in to your app, you will see your welcome page, including the countdown to your wedding!
- You and your guests can also share to your guestbook directly from the welcome page! Click Share something to our guestbook to write a message or one of the photo options to share an image.
- Guests can easily RSVP from the app! They can just click to let you know they will be attending, and if you have an event code, they can enter it for full access to your wedding site.
- If you are logged in to your own wedding, you will see a list of options that includes a link to your admin dashboard and other admin features. You can also click to recommend Joy to others. Its always appreciated
- You can access your app menu by clicking the icon on the top left of the screen. From this menu you and your guests can access all of your wedding info and view the wedding moments everyone has shared.
- If you are attending another wedding, you can icon with the two arrows to switch between weddings.
- You can even invite guests through the app using their contact name, phone number, or email.
Online Gift Registry Wording Examples
A wedding gift registry is best suited for couples who may still be in the process of setting up their home together and preparing for married life.
Many of your guests will genuinely want to present you with a physical gift to help you begin this exciting new chapter. Opting for an online gift registry with a curated selection of items is a great way to help your guests navigate the dilemma of getting you a gift thats useful, practical and suited to your personal taste.
In todays modern world, gift registries are easily accessible online, with many department stores and homeware brands offering this service. After curating a selection of items, youll usually be presented with a unique link, registry code or ID to send your guests.
When it comes to communicating your online wedding gift registry details via your wedding website, its important to remember that you cant force guests to purchase an item from your wish-list! Of course, they most likely will, but its not polite to request it.
Instead, keep your wording tactful, warm and appreciative. Make it clear that a gift is definitely not necessary or expected, but the options are there if they need some guidance. Youll also obviously need to include your registry link or ID to point them in the right direction!
Here are a few wedding gift registry wording examples to get you started:
You May Like: How Much Are Flower Centerpieces For A Wedding
How To Create Your Perfect Domain Name For Your Wedding
If you decide to go the customized route, here are a few tips for coming up with the ideal domain name as you brainstorm:
- Keep it short. Dont forget, you want the URL to be memorable and easy to type into a computer or smartphone!
- Just use your first names or last names not both. You may have to play around with the options to find something thats available, but this will help keep things succint think juliaandbrian.com or joeandjackiegethitched.com.
- Avoid names or words that are hard to spell. Use nicknames instead, where applicable.
- Explore alternate extensions. Most websites end with .com but there are actually a lot of other options out there now! A few relevant choices might be .wedding or .love. Since these extensions are less common, you may find that your first choice domain name is available here, even if the .com version has already been taken.
Why To Include Your Wedding Website On Your Invitation
Including a link on your invitation is the easiest and most common way to share your website with your guests. Traditionally, the wedding invitation suite includes a few different enclosure cards to relay critical information to guests. While thats still an option, many modern couples have opted to forego multiple enclosure cards and instead direct guests to their website to learn need-to-know wedding details, such as hotel recommendations and registry information. In addition to communication wedding details, the wedding website may be included on the invitation for the following reasons:
1. To Collect RSVPs Online Many couples choose to collect online RSVPs rather than have their guests fill out paper response cards. Thats because sites like Zola make it easy to gather RSVPs through your wedding website and manage the guest list with real-time updates and easy-to-use tracking tools.
2. To Share Registry Information In the past, registry etiquette dictated that the registry only be shared by word of mouth. The digital age has rendered that rule outdated, and its now considered standard to share where youre registered on your wedding website. Including your website URL on your invite makes it easy for guests to find your registry without hassle.
You May Like: Is The Engagement Ring And Wedding Ring The Same
Can I Make A Website Without Knowing How To Code
Absolutely, that’s what Website.com is here for! Easily create your free website with the Website.com website maker. Experience thefreedom to make your website: just drag and drop website design features and customize with your own content. Of course, if you doknow how to code, feel free to add advanced functionality with custom HTML elements and access custom code areas in the editor.
How To Include Your Wedding Website On Your Invitation
Now that weve covered why to share your wedding website on your invitations, lets talk about how to include your wedding website on your invitation without sacrificing aesthetic appeal or committing an etiquette faux pas.
In general, when sending out the formal wedding invitation, guests appreciate having the wedding website information all in one place. Wedding etiquette insists that you dont include your website on the invitation directly, but if you do choose to share it on the formal invitation, add the website to the bottom of the invitation. Wedding save the dates and enclosure cards are also a great place to share your wedding website with guests.
Let’s explore these different options for how you can share your wedding website on your invitation:
Recommended Reading: When To Buy Wedding Bands
Dont Overthink Your Squarespace Wedding Website
There is a lot you can do with a Squarespace wedding website. But that doesnt mean you have to take advantage of every feature right now. Its better to think of your website like a living, breathing thing. If it makes the most sense to start with a simple one-page website so you can park your URL and include something on your save-the-date postcards, then by all means, do that now, not later. You can always add things in as you need them. And there is no point in losing sleep trying to concoct the five-page work of art that you want your wedding website to be if its going to mean not creating your website.
Set The Tone For The Day
A personalised wedding website can be an amazing way to set the tone for the big day! Give your guests some insight into your relationship, and start building the excitement for an incredible wedding.
Your wedding website is kind of like a sneak peek into the day itself. You can customise your wedding website to reflect the look and feel of the big day to give your guests a glimpse of what to expect. Most wedding websites will have a selection of different templates to choose from in a range of designs and colours, so pick the one that ties in best to your wedding vision.
Establishing a connection to your guests is another unique benefit of the wedding website. As a bride, there may be some people on the guest list that you only know briefly through your partner, and vice versa. Giving some insight into who you are and the relationship between you and your partner can help you form a better connection with those guests that you may not know on a personal level.
Keep it simple with a brief story of how you both met, the adventures youve shared, and who you are as a couple. You might even want to introduce your bridal party with some fun anecdotes. Dont forget to include some photos of you and your partner too! Make it unique and totally personal, just like your relationship.
Recommended Reading: Where To Find Wedding Bands
Discover Everything You Should Be Avoiding When It Comes To Creating Your Wedding Website
While not every couple will have a wedding website, most modern brides and grooms choose to include wedding information online. Try to avoid these things when it comes to your wedding website!
Whether youre a graphic design expert or you have a much more basic understanding of design and the internet, wedding websites are a popular way to give your guests all the information they need for your big day.
There are plenty of helpful sources on the web that make creating your personalized site easy and fun, so it’s no wonder couples from all over the world are logging on and completing this new item on a to-do list. However, theres an etiquette to follow if youre going to partake in this 21st century bridal tradition, so read the tips below!
While you know yourselves and your guest list the best, we’ve put together a list of four common faux pas that you may want to avoid:
Add Travel Directions And Accommodations
No matter the location of your wedding, some of your guests will be traveling to attend. Help ease their planning by including directions and lodging arrangements on your wedding website. This is the spot to include information on hotel blocks you’ve reserved, transportation you’ve arranged for the wedding day, and directions from nearby airports, train stations or cities. The more detailed this tab is, the better. Guests will likely have questions about travel, and you won’t have time to answer them all on the day of your wedding. To make the experience seamless for everyone involved, include as much information as you can.
You May Like: How To Make A Wedding Spreadsheet
Best Wedding Website Builders For Gorgeous Sites 2021
If your commitment ceremony is just around the corner, these wedding website builders are here to save you time and energy.
Instead of sending out old school and outdated invitations, wouldnt it be better to have a fully functional page where family and friends could register for the wedding event and even learn more about you? With a solid site, you can share stunning images and showcase the entire preparation for the big day and even the event timetable.
As complicated as all these may sound, it is not quite like so. The most crucial thing you need to know about these wedding website builders is that they do not require any programming knowledge. You also do not need to be web-design-savvy.
You can be someone who has never in his or her life made a website and still attain unbelievable results on the interweb.
Whats more, each of the page builders on the list also comes with diverse features and many ready-to-use web designs, which you can employ however you see them fit best. Quickly and effortlessly, you will have your particularly impressive wedding website prepared for the big launch.
Take to your profit all and everything your favorite editor offers and brilliantly display your content to your loved ones.
Choose Your Wedding Website Template
Unless you’re a web designer by trade, we’re willing to bet you’d rather not build your website from scratch. Its much simpler to choose a stylish template that you can plug-and-play withand that’s where Minted comes in.
There are a lot of wedding website options available, but Minted is hand’s down our favoriteand here’s why:
We asked Minted for their best advice on selecting your template since they have over 1,400 unique designs to choose from!
You May Like: Where To Hold A Wedding Reception