What To Do If You Cant Attend A Wedding After Rsvping Yes
Life happens, and there will be instances where you are unable to attend a wedding after you have said yes on the RSVP. Whether it be inclement weather, an illness, or an emergency, theres a right and wrong way to inform the couple that you wont be able to make it to the celebration:
- Have a good reason for your cancellation. Only back out if the circumstances are truly serious, such as a severe illness or a family emergency. Time and money have been dedicated to preparing for your presence at the wedding, so dont disregard your commitment lightly.
- Dont bother the couple if its the wedding day. If you need to cancel on the day of the wedding, dont reach out to the couple. Instead, touch base with the planner or the maid of honor or best man to inform them that you are unable to attend. The couple should be focused on getting married and distractions like these will only cause stress.
- Apologize. Even if the situation was outside of your control, its good decorum to apologize to the couple for missing their big day. As mentioned before, lots of planning was done to secure your spotlet them know that you appreciate all their prep work by issuing a sincere apology for your absence.
Wedding Rsvp Deadline Etiquette
Set your RSVP due date for 3-4 weeks prior to the wedding day. This has a few key benefits:
- Setting your RSVP deadline 3-4 weeks from the big day gives you the chance to follow up with anyone who hasnt responded in time.
- You are able to finalize your seating chart when you set the RSVP deadline a few weeks before the wedding day, rather than waiting until the last minute.
- Securing all RSVPs at the deadline allows you to share that information with your caterers, so they can begin to prep for the wedding day.
You want to set your RSVP deadline to be at least a couple weeks in advance of when you actually need that information from your guests. There will inevitably be wedding guests who do not send their RSVPs back in time, and this gives you the time you need to follow up with them after sending the wedding invitations.
Green Wedding Shoes Pro Tip: Make it easy for your guests to complete and send back your RSVP card before the deadline dont forget a stamp and a response envelope when you send your wedding invitations!
Secure Your Wedding Guest List
If your RSVP form doesnt look very secure, theres a possibility that your visitors are less likely to fill it out. So setting up hCaptcha or reCAPTCHA is a wonderful idea and can set your guests minds at ease.
Be sure to check out our ultimate guide to building spam-free forms for more information on keeping your forms safe, more appealing to your visitors, and ways to add extra layers of security.
Recommended Reading: Does Fleet Farm Have A Wedding Registry
Expert Wedding Planning Tip: How To Decode The Mystery Wedding Guest
Many guests forget to write their names on the response cards, which leaves a couple wondering who the mystery guests is, says Tessa. Use an invisible black light ink marker to write the guests initials on the back of each RSVP card. In the event that a card comes back blank, use your black light to discover the mystery guest.
Express Excitement Over Their Attendance
If just staying in touch isn’t enough, you can use a heavier hand and bring the wedding up. While you don’t have to actually bring up the wedding RSVP deadline, you can casually mention in conversation how much you’re hoping they’ll be able to come. They’ll be flattered and it will further remind them that they need to check their schedule and give you an answer.
Recommended Reading: Wedding Budgets Under 5000
How To Address Wedding Rsvp Cards
Follow these tips on the proper way to address your wedding RSVP cards:
- Always pre-address and stamp the envelopes. As part of the wedding stationery suite, wedding response cards come with their own matching envelopes, which should be pre-addressed and stamped. This also applies if youre sending out a wedding RSVP postcard.
- Consider the formality and style of your wedding day. Address your cards according to the formality and theme of your wedding day, just as you would address your wedding invitation envelopes.
- Pick the right return address. Theres many reasons the return address for your RSVP cards might not match the return address for your main invitation. The return address you use for your response cards should be the address of the person in charge of collecting your replies. Whether its the bride, groom, or a designated family member, this person knows theyre responsible for gathering the cards and keeping track of the final guest list. The return address for your main wedding invitation, however, should be the hosts address and/or the place you want your gifts to end up.
- Dont forget the stamp. A pre-addressed and stamped RSVP card envelope is not only a courteous gesture, but also helpful to you. With a stamp included, guests are more likely to drop the card in the mail on time before the RSVP date. To stay in harmony with your wedding day scheme, use the same stamp you place on your main invitation.
How To Rsvp To A Wedding Invitation
Attending the wedding of a loved one is always an exciting time. But remember: being a wedding guest comes with its own set of etiquette and expectations, especially when it concerns RSVPs!
Responding to a wedding invitation will be one of your very first duties as a wedding guest. And, its an important one because on the other side of each invitation is a couple trying to finalize their numbers, create a seating plan and confirm their budget before the big day.
If youre looking for some guidance when it comes to navigating the RSVP process, were here to help. From RSVP cards to digital invites and wedding websites, keep reading for our tips on how to RSVP to a wedding invitation while being a gold star guest.
Don’t Miss: Wedding Excel Spreadsheets
Wedding Invitation With A Qr Code And How Does It Function
QR codes were originally invented in Japan, which are 2-dimensional barcodes accessible using mobile devices and generated using QR code software online.
To scan a QR code, the user needs to point his camera to access the information or data encrypted in the QR.
So you might be thinking, what types of information can be encoded using a QR code and present to your guests? The answer is simply endless and limitless.
QR codes were developed with different QR code solutions for a particular purpose. For instance, on your wedding invitation with a QR code, you can attach a video QR code on your wedding invitation and redirect your scanners to a video landing page of your prenup shoot!
In that case, you can create a video QR code, or if you want to share the venue of your wedding with them, you can also create a Google maps QR code.
QR codes are to be used for a particular purpose.
There should be one QR code per solution.
However, this solution can be edited or replaced with the correct information using a dynamic type of QR. For example, suppose you have generated a PDF QR code for your wedding invitation, and you found out that you have encoded the wrong data.
In that case, you can update your QR code by going to the QR code generator dashboard and replace the data with the correct one.
Basic Template For Wedding Rsvp Card Wording
Writing an RSVP card is not rocket science, but there is a standard formatincluding a few odd formalitiesthat is helpful to understand. Below weve outlined a basic RSVP card template, followed by an explanation of each of the standard components.
___________ of will attend
Also Check: How To Plan A Wedding For 5000
How Do I Inform My Friends And Family About Including A Guest
To keep your wedding at a set number of attendees a line to include would be ” ______ of ______ guest will attend,” and then pre-fill in the second blank with the number of people you are inviting. This is a great way as well if you invite a large group or family, and only 3 of the 6 plans on attending. Another way is to include the line ” of seats have been reserved in your honor” and use the next two lines to include the guests names and another line for their +1. This way your guests will be informed of how many people can come along.
Whoops You Missed The Rsvp Date
While the goal is always to send the RSVP card in ASAP, mistakes do happen and sending back the wedding RSVP card can slip your mind. If this happens and you do plan on attending, don’t just send the card back in and hope for the best. Send it back in, yes, but also pick up the phone to call the couple personally. Couples are often working with tight guest lists and, if they assumed you couldn’t be there, they may have moved on to inviting other wedding guests. They will likely understand and will be thrilled you’re joining them on their wedding day, but the proper etiquette is to connect with them and confirm.
In the same vein, one last tip. If you’re close with a couple and must send your regrets for their wedding, reach out personally to let them know, in addition to sending in the card. Even if it’s technically correct RSVP card etiquette to simply send regrets through snail mail, it may not be the most considerate move. Remember, if you’ve been invited as a wedding guest, it’s because the couple wants to celebrate with you!
Also Check: How To Plan A Wedding Under 5000
What Is The M For
Most of todays response cards include a line that looks something like this, The favour of a reply is requested by and below this statement, you will see a blank line beginning with the letter M. The letter M is intended to be helpful. However, in practice, we must admit its rather confusing. Its meant to begin the recipients response. The letter M is simply the beginning of the persons title Mr., Miss, Mrs. and Ms. which would then be followed by the persons name. Only the names of those attending should appear on this line. It is also important to list first and last names as clearly as possible so the couple can easily read who has responded. Below this blank line, you will see a line indicating how many people will be attending.
If youre married, then you would lead with the husbands title, and you would use his first and last name: Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Andersen. We understand this seems like a slightly antiquated practice, but such is tradition. Feel free to fill out your wedding RSVP in a way that makes you and your partner most comfortable. Perhaps you havent taken your husbands last name. Then you would list Mr. Joseph Smith and Mrs. Sarah Andersen. This is also how you would fill it out as an unmarried couple, except the woman would use Ms. or Miss as her title.
Wedding Rsvp Envelope Wording
The envelopes for your RSVP cards should include your name and address on the front . It’s also customary to include a stamp on the envelope.
If you’re handling the RSVPs, you may address the cards as follows:
You may also choose to list your full names, or just your name, if you live separately. A cute alternative is “The future Mr. and Mrs. Powers.”
If someone else is receiving the cards, you may address them as:
- Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Also Check: Randy Fenoli Partner Michael Landry
What Does Rsvp Actually Mean
The word RSVP is derived from the French phrase Répondez sil vous plaît, which simply translates to please respond. When you RSVP to a wedding invitation, youre confirming either your attendance or non-attendance on the day.
Requesting and tracking RSVPs allows a couple to confirm their guest numbers and use this information to finalize everything from catering and furniture hire to place cards and seating charts. An RSVP request may also be used to confirm important details like meal selections, dietary preferences and plus-ones, too.
Creative And Fun Wedding Rsvp Wording Ideas
If you want, you can have a little fun with your wedding RSVP card wording. Add humor to your cards with these whimsical phrases.
Replace the expected line accepts with pleasure, with:
- Two words free booze.
- Ill be there with bells on.
- Yes, I am ready to attack the dance floor.
Declines with regret, can be replaced with:
- Will cheers from afar.
- No, and Ill forever regret this decision.
- Will be there in spirit.
Recommended Reading: When To Send Save The Dates And Wedding Invitations
Qr Code Wedding Program
You cant have all of the information on your wedding card because most of it is constricted with space.
But with QR codes, you dont have to worry about where to put your additional information or the detail about your wedding itinerary.
You can make a PDF document and break down your wedding’s flow of activities and convert that PDF document into a PDF QR code and print it along with the invitation.
Furthermore, if you are planning to even go for a minimal, smaller size of a wedding invitation, a PDF QR code is just the best solution.
Or if you want to create your own landing page where you can embed all information in one QR , you can also make a mobile webpage QR code using the H5 QR code solution.