How To Write Your Wedding Invitations In The First Or Third Person
- For more traditional wedding invitation wording use the third person, for example, Chelsea Daniels and Aaron Harrison invite you to their wedding or …request the pleasure of your company at their marriage.
- For more informal wedding invitation wording you may like to use the first person We, Chelsea and Aaron, invite you to our wedding.
Things Your Wedding Invitations Must Include
The first impression, the prettiest palette, the neatest design. You may have chosen your wedding stationery carefully but are you missing the essential details? These are the most important details wedding invitations must include to ensure your guests know everything they need to know about your big day.
Whether youve handmade your invitations or used a particular stationer, there is more to your invitations than what they look like. Although, we are loving these design trends. Theyre the little bible of information for your guests and, as such, there are certain things they absolutely must have space to include.
Who Should Get A Bridal Shower Invitation
The only rule you need to know is that everyone invited to the shower should also be invited to the wedding. That being said, you can keep the bridal shower to an intimate group of friends and/or family, or have a blowout with dozens of friends. Talk it over with the bridal shower hostess to find out what they have in mind.
Don’t Miss: Where To Buy Randy Fenoli Wedding Dresses
Tips: 11 Things To Include On Your Information Sheet
The guest list is sorted and youre ready to start inviting boom! In addition to the wonderful wedding stationery, which traditionally holds the invitation itself and the RSVP card, its a good idea to include an information card for your guests.
What is this information card for? Well, if youre having a location wedding or most of your guests dont know the area where your nuptials are taking place, then its pretty handy to have one, and it avoids last-minute queries on the day itself
There is no set etiquette for what details you should write on the information sheet, so here are some useful pointers you might think about including . And if youre only now wondering if theres anything else youve missed on your wedding planning journey, have a look at your wedding checklist tool!
All About The Environment
If you are an environmentally friendly couple, why not send out a simple business card with the URL of your wedding website, on which all of the above information can be found! Supplement this with your phone number and that of the Best Man or the Maid of Honour, so that your guests can ask any additional questions!
Final Tip: You dont have to splurge out on expensive quality paper for the information sheet, just print one at home on nice paper and save some pennies!
You May Like: How To Make A Wedding Bouquet With Fake Flowers
Make Rsvping Even More Simple
The last thing you want in the wedding planning process is a mix up regarding RSVP responses. However, with Paperless Post, RSVP tracking makes managing guest responses much more efficient and straightforward for both you and your guests.
Paperless Postâs online invitations not only allow you to see when guests open your invitation and track when they respond, but also allows you to communicate with your guest list all in one place. With an efficient and easy-to-use online invitation and RSVP tracker, you can spend more time focusing on other details of your wedding ceremony and receptionâlike these lucky traditions.
Wedding And Elopement Announcements
Because your love and friendship have made us who we are, we are very happy to share the news.With the love in our hearts, and just our families by our side, we exchanged vows in a private ceremony on the twenty-fifth of August two thousand twenty in Dallas, Texas.Although you were not there in person, you were there in our hearts.Love made us do itand 2020 couldnt stop usWe tied the knot with a private ceremony and all of you in our hearts on May 22, 2020Although we couldnt have you there in person, you were with us on our special dayWe were married on Saturday, June 14 in Sacramento, California
Plain Paint Details Card from Minted
Recommended Reading: How To Plan A Wedding Under 5000
When To Send Wedding Invitations
There are so many wedding-related events and festivities that take place throughout a couple’s engagement period, and they all require a lot ofstationery andinvitations. At first glance, it can seem a little overwhelming, but it’s manageable if you know what to expect.
Read on to learn when to send everything from save the dates to thank you notes, and who to send them to. Chances are, you’ll be making more trips to the post office than you have in your entire life, but these invitations are things that you will look back on as precious keepsakes in the years to come.
What Information Goes On The Save
- Whomever is invited. If youre offering a plus one then you should include their name. Similarly, if children are / are not invited, then its helpful to let people know as early as possible so they can arrange sitters, etc.
- You and your partners names
- Date of the wedding
- Wedding website URL / name
- Notice that formal invitation will follow
Also Check: Addressing Families On Wedding Invitations
Not Clarifying Who Is Invited
Perhaps the most common mistake is inviting the wrong persons. Many time people invite a couple, but the whole family showed up. I know the more, the merrier, but its about not being prepared for so many guests, and that will cause an undesired situation.
But how can you possibly invite someone you dont want at your wedding? Its pretty simple. Its all about the wording. You see, you might write on the wedding invitation that you are inviting the Smith family, but this might be interpreted differently.
While for you, the Smith family includes four members, for them, it might consist of other relatives too. For that reason, you must be very clear who you are inviting to your wedding. If you write I invite Mr. and Mrs. Smith, theres no doubt that only the two of them are invited.
When To Send A Save
Youll always want to send some type of official invitation to guests for your wedding. Save-the-date cards, however, are optional. Its important to know when to send your Save the Dates if you choose to use them as timing is so important for these cards. Generally, it is never too soon to send a Save the Date – once you have the important details finalised – let your guests know. As a guide you want to send them out 8 – 12 months ahead of your wedding, depending on location .By sending these cards, youre letting people know to reserve that date in their calendar, so they dont make other plans for that time. They can then also ask for time off work, confirm travel plans, save money and organise. The timing for the invitations is much later, usually 6 to 8 weeks before the wedding.
Read Also: 5000 Dollar Wedding Budget
Not Providing Rsvp Instructions
Another big mistake is leaving out the RSVP instructions. This happens mostly because you dont think its necessary to provide an RSVP card so they can send back their response. If you invite people through a letter, it would be the only natural for them to respond back in the same manner.
Therefore, it is rude for you not to provide them the tools to do so.along with instructions. What instructions? Well, guests need to know by what date you need their response and how to send it back.
If you want to make things even easier for them, write the RSVP card yourself and just leave the spaces, so they fill in or check their response. The easier and more pleasant the process is, the happier your guests will be. Just put yourself in their shoes and ask what kind of invitation would make you feel the best? The answer will come faster than you know it, and the mistakes will be harder to make.
Why To Include Your Wedding Website On Your Invitation
Including a link on your invitation is the easiest and most common way to share your website with your guests. Traditionally, the wedding invitation suite includes a few different enclosure cards to relay critical information to guests. While thats still an option, many modern couples have opted to forego multiple enclosure cards and instead direct guests to their website to learn need-to-know wedding details, such as hotel recommendations and registry information. In addition to communication wedding details, the wedding website may be included on the invitation for the following reasons:
1. To Collect RSVPs Online Many couples choose to collect online RSVPs rather than have their guests fill out paper response cards. Thats because sites like Zola make it easy to gather RSVPs through your wedding website and manage the guest list with real-time updates and easy-to-use tracking tools.
2. To Share Registry Information In the past, registry etiquette dictated that the registry only be shared by word of mouth. The digital age has rendered that rule outdated, and its now considered standard to share where youre registered on your wedding website. Including your website URL on your invite makes it easy for guests to find your registry without hassle.
You May Like: How To Plan A Wedding Under 5000
How To Present The Names Of The Happy Couple Or That Of Their Parents On Your Wedding Invitations
- The brides name usually comes before that of the groom
- Always include the titles and first names of parents, mentioned on your wedding invitations.
- If the bride’s parents are hosting the wedding then the brides first and middle name will follow the phrase to the wedding of their daughter The grooms full name will then follow, preceded by to.
- In British English, a full stop is not required after titles.
- Take a look at our traditional and informal wedding invitation wording to see examples of how to present the names of the happy couple and their parents, with variations for divorced or deceased parents.
How To Write The Time On Your Wedding Invitations
- Writing out the time in words: this is the most traditional way to write the time on wedding invitations and will need to include reference to the morning or the afternoon. For example: at two oclock in the afternoon.
- Writing out the time in numbers: separate the hours and minutes by a full stop or a colon. You will then need to add am or pm leaving a space after the minutes. For example: at 2:00 pm.
- Writing out the time in the twenty-four-hour clock: you do not need to include am/pm with times in the twenty for hour clock.
Don’t Miss: When Do You Send Out Save The Dates
Enclosure Card Wording Faq
Enclosure cards are a part of the wedding invitation that provides your guests with all the details of the wedding. These can include direction cards, RSVP cards, accommodations cards, ceremony cards, or registry cards. If youre not sure how to word your enclosure cards, look no further. We have answered most of the questions you may be uncertain of.
What Else Do I Send With The Invitation
- RSVP / Response card.
- Directions to location card make it as simple as possible for your guests to arrive at the right place at the right time.
- Reception address card if the reception is not at the same location as the ceremony.
- Accommodations card its helpful for the out-of-towners to have a recommended list of places to stay that are close to the venue. Tip: be sure to include options at various price points.
- Itinerary if youre having a weekend of activities, let people know what the plan is.
And remember to include this information on your wedding website too.
Recommended Reading: How To Plan A Wedding Under 5000
What’s The Purpose Of Two Wedding
The inner envelopes are to denote exactly who is invited to your celebration this can prove difficult to get across. The inner envelope has the simplest wording: just the title and last names of the invitees is necessary.
The outer envelope, however, is more comprehensive it requires all of the typical mailing information you need to include for any and all postage. Titles and last names should be accompanied by first names and a full address as well. State names can be abbreviated or written out.
If you are inviting a family with children under 18, the kids names should appear on the inner envelope, but are not required on the outer usually, in this case, its best to put The Jones Family on the outer envelope.
What Details To Use In Enclosure Cards
Enclosure cards provide for the extra details for your wedding celebration. Information on enclosure cards can be included:
- Transportation details such as having a shuttle take your guest from either the hotel to ceremony or ceremony to reception.
- Nearby Hotels for you out of town guests to stay at.
- Map/Directions that include the address to each of your wedding locations.
- Reception information if the event is located at a different venue from the wedding ceremony
- Wedding events such as rehearsal dinners or a BBQ gathering before the wedding day or a post brunch.
- Attire/dress code if you are having a black tie ceremony or need to inform your guest to wear shoes appropriate for sand at a beach, etc.
- Website information to direct your guests where to find more details about your special day.
Read Also: Destination Wedding Under 5000
Wedding Invitation Insert Information
Now that you’ve given your guests the basic info, it’s time to think about your invitation insertsthe separate cards that are presented in the same envelope as your wedding invitation. These will include other necessary details, like your RSVP deadline and your wedding website address. Your guests will appreciate getting everything in one envelope so they can properly plan for your nuptials.
Should I Include Our Wedding Website
An enclosure card can also be used to let your guests know about your wedding website. Doing so allows you to inform your guests about all sorts of information they might have questions on such as your wedding registry, local activities, hotels, and more. Below is an example of what to write on the enclosure to direct your guests to your website:
You May Like: What Goes First Engagement Or Wedding Ring