How Much Does It Cost To Rent A Wedding Venue
Most people will agree that their wedding is a momentous occasion. It does not come around all too often Making the day and ceremony as special and meaningful as possible is symbolically important. More than anything, its about celebrating your connection with someone, not to mention having fun with friends and family at the reception. But the budgetary element of choosing a wedding venue can be intimidating. So, how much does it really cost to rent a wedding venue?
Thats why choosing the right location for your wedding is crucial. Luckily, at Peerspace, we are your best resource for exactly that! We are the largest online marketplace for hourly event venue rentals, with thousands of spaces across the country and the globe. Throughout this article, well include photos from real Peerspace rentals that we think make superb wedding ceremony and reception venues. You know, just so you can see whats out there!
Now, well get back to the topic at hand and break down an answer to the question: how much does it cost to rent a wedding venue? Plus, we discuss all of the aspects included in the cost. And just to offer you some extra help, we also describe in detail how Peerspace is the absolute best resource on the internet for finding a wedding venue to rent.
Average Cost Of Wedding Venue Spaces
Everyone is entitled to the dream wedding theyve always envisioned for themselves and their partner. The idea of an ideal wedding venue varies widely from person to person. Of course, different venue spaces carry different average costs. Heres what you can expect to pay for each of these more common wedding venues:
Questions To Ask Before Booking A Wedding Venue
Money traps and extra costs can sneak their way into your wedding budget. Before signing off on a venue location, ask the following questions to save on potential wedding expenses you hadnt originally planned for:
- Are we responsible for weather-related incidents? No one wants rain on their wedding day, but if your outside venue gets rained out, are you responsible for extra fees? This can include: renting a tent or moving to an inside location.
- Do we have to hire particular vendors? The cost of the venue may be a nice deal , but after signing you may be handed a list of vendors you must use for your special event. Not only does this take away creative freedom, but it can also mess with your overall budget down the line.
- Can you point out additional costs outlined in the contract? Sometimes being blunt when discussing your wedding budget with your venue is the best policy. Review the venues contract and ask for them to point out ways extra money can be accrued on their end. This can be cancellation policies, automatic gratuity, and more. Its always better to be safe than sorry when signing any sort of paperwork.
No matter what your wedding venue budget, there’s a place for you! Be upfront with venue owners about your budget and be sure to do your research ahead of time.
Don’t Miss: Where To Get Wedding Invitations Printed
How Much Are Wedding Venues In France
Are you planning an intimate wedding in a beautiful venue in France and wondering how much hiring a chateau or a domain would cost?
Todays blog post will guide you trough the difficult process of selecting a venue and budgeting the cost of your wedding in France.
Most Wedding Venue Owners Start Out Working For Free
What’s unfortunate that so many don’t understand is that many new wedding venue owners are working for free. Even if the business is breaking even or making some profit, the venue owner is often not taking a salary.
Often it’s thought, “Well, next year will be better or Next year will be the year without big projects.” But that happens year after year, and then more and more venues open and the market becomes more saturated.
Even though from the outside it looks like an easy, fun, profitable business in many cases, that’s just not true.
Don’t Miss: Engagement Or Wedding Ring First
Officiant And Ceremony Music: 2% Of Total Wedding Budget
These are the people responsible for your ceremony running perfectly and of course, your officiant is the person who will actually legally marry you and your partner! Theres a lot of prep work involved with officiating a wedding, so be sure you read up on what a wedding officiants costs actually include.
Affordable Wedding Venues Hire Guide
Apart from simply listing budget-friendly wedding venues in Melbourne all in one place, were also happy to share our tips and tricks with you. Have a look and get inspired:
- Check for hidden costs Sometimes a wedding venue may seem quite affordable, but be sure to read the fine print! Some costs, such as corkage or the cake cutting fee, may not be stated openly. Its also good to make sure if the service charge is included in the price. Last but not least, check whats not included in the price of the venue and estimate how much it would cost to provide all the features youre going to need on your big day.
- Get married in the morning Wedding breakfasts and brunch receptions are a hot new trend in Melbourne right now! If you consider yourselves as early birds, this is a really cool way to add a personal touch to your big day. Venue hire prices tend to go up when the sun goes down, so if youd like to have your celebration organised a bit earlier, youre very likely to save a pretty penny.
- Consider a winter wedding With the average winter temperatures ranging around 10 degrees, Melbourne doesnt get freezing cold and youre sure to escape the heatwave! The best part about getting married between June and August is that venue hire prices are significantly lower at that time. If theres a spot you really like but cant afford otherwise, this is the solution to consider.
Also Check: Addressing Wedding Invitations To Family
Victoria Wedding Venue Cost
What does a wedding venue cost in Melbourne? In 2021, the average Victorian couple spent $14,911 on their venue, which is slightly higher than the national average.
Our local Melbourne Venue Specialists recommend budgeting in that sweet spot of $150-175 per guest to keep things realistic and similar to what were tracking throughout Victoria.
Ever Wondered How Much Does A Wedding Venue Cost
Why are weddings so expensive? The average cost of a wedding sky high, but dont let that scare you.
Expensive and stressful might be two things that come to mind when you think of wedding planning, but they dont have to be. Below, find the budgeting mistakes you should avoid in order to make your wedding planning process as fun and cost-efficient as possible.
Just got engaged? Surely, youre excited about planning for your big day and looking forward to picking the perfect wedding dress, visiting different churches, and food-tasting with possible caterers? But before you get started, you have to work on the most challenging and stressful yet most important part of wedding planning: the cost of the wedding.
When planning a wedding, a couple must consider a lot of expenses. Theres the venue, the clothes, the invitations, and a whole host of other things that you and your beloved will need to spend for the big day.
Set your wedding budget from the get-go, as this will help you determine how much to pay for major expenses like ceremony and reception venues, and even minor ones, like adding an extra layer to your wedding cake.
Tell an engaged couple that the average wedding cost is more than a down payment on a great home and chances are, they wouldnt know whether to laugh or cry. Probably, theyd opt for the latter, given that the average cost of a wedding stood at $33,391 in 2017.
Read Also: Addressing Wedding Invitations With Child
How Much Is A Wedding Decorator: Flat Vs Hourly Rates
The answer to how much is a wedding decorator depends on their rate. Some decorators charge by the hour, while others have a flat rate, depending on your selected package.
If you are limited on your expenses, consider cutting the number of staff to hire. Perhaps you can learn how to serve alcohol at a wedding without a bartender to save on extra costs, for example.
What Do Wedding Packages Include
Each all-inclusive wedding venue differs when it comes to what’s included in a wedding package.
Some may allow you to make slight adjustments to their set offering, while others are inflexible. This has more to do with their costing considerations than an unwillingness to please, so don’t hold it against them.
These are some of the basics included in wedding venuesâ all-inclusive packages:
- Venue hire
- Tables, chairs, place settings, and linens
- Hors dâoeuvres and dinner
- Cocktail hour and an open bar during the reception
All-inclusive wedding ceremony reception packages could offer:
- Chapel or another venue for the ceremony
- A bridal suite or lounge
- Custom lighting
- Cake cutting and plating
- A dance floor
That leaves a lot less for you to worry about. What’s more, many all-inclusive venues work regularly with preferred providers, so they can advise you on hiring the following essentials for your wedding:
- Flowers, centerpieces, and decorations
Although it does happen, these items are rarely included in wedding venue services, since they’re highly personal choices. However, it can help things to run more smoothly if you choose someone who’s worked with the venue before.
If you’re the type of person who likes organizing events or has very specific requirements when it comes to the reception, an all-inclusive wedding may not be the best fit for you.
Don’t Miss: Pawn Shops Wedding Rings
Transportation: 2% Of Total Wedding Budget
Hiring transportation or limo services for your wedding will ensure that everyone gets to where they need to be safely and on timeyes, it’s an added expense to factor into your wedding budget breakdown, but it’s definitely worth it. You may choose to provide transportation for yourself, your partner, family members and wedding party, or you can also provide transportation for all of your guests. This is a nice gesture, particularly if you have a lot of out-of-towners who are unfamiliar with your wedding location.
Wedding Attire Hair And Beauty: 9% Of Total Wedding Budget
You want to look your best on your wedding dayand between your attire, hair, and makeup, it can really add up. Fortunately, there are lots of wedding dresses and tuxedos to choose from at a variety of price points just be sure youre upfront about your budget when you start shopping. And dont forget to factor alterations into your wedding budget breakdown. Tailoring your attire can be costly, but necessary to ensure your gown or tux fits like a glove.
As for hair and makeup, its a good idea to hire professionals for the task. Theyll know how to highlight your best features and guarantee youll look amazing for your entire wedding dayand in photos, too!
Also Check: Where To Buy Randy Fenoli Wedding Dresses
How Can You Save Money On Your Wedding Venue
Yes, your wedding venue will likely be one of the most expensive things you pay for during your wedding planning journeyso every bit of money you can save on your wedding venue cost is a good thing! Here are a few ways to save money on your wedding venue:
- Cut the guest list: As mentioned, the more guests you invite, the more youll pay. Cutting even just 10 guests from your list can save you major bucks!
- Be smart about setting a date: Saturday night weddings during peak season will cost more than weekday weddings during the off-peak season.
- Look for tax-deductible sites: Certain venues that are affiliated with nonprofit organizations may have tax-deductible site fees.
- Read all contracts closely: Be open and honest with your venue about your budget, and be sure you completely understand your venue contract. There may be some fees that your venue can waive if you ask politely.
Cost By Wedding Venue Type
About half of recently married couples chose a banquet hall, country club or hotel as their venue. But historic homes and buildings and farms have gained popularity in recent years. And many couples are opting for more unusual venues that reflect their personalities, like public gardens, breweries, childrens museums and backyards. As you might imagine, there can be an enormous amount of variation between the least you might spend at each venue type, to a more lavish approach. For a fairly small wedding hosting 50 guests, a couple might face the following amount ranges at different types of venues in Atlanta.
A number of optional elements and choices – from the type of meal served to whether the location charges a venue fee – determine your final cost. For the bare minimum, you can provide a simple buffet meal for your guests, with soft drinks only. It’s impossible to cite a true maximum since you could theoretically continue to upgrade all your options to the highest priced foods and drinks and decor known to man. To go all out, consider a cocktail hour and full premium bar all night long, a lavish plated 4-course dinner with lobster as an option, extra desserts, late night snacks including Kobe beef sliders, and freely flowing Gout de Diamants champagne .
You May Like: Become Wedding Officiant Nj
Catering & Drinks: 25%
Providing your guests with a mouth-watering menu can be expensive: around £4,000 on average. And you can add another £1,500 for drinks. However, the good news is that what you spend on food and drink will depend almost entirely on the number of people you invite.
Cost cutting tip: in addition to reducing your guest list, you can help to cut costs by choosing a venue, like Woodland Manor, that offers catering. This is often far cheaper than finding a third party to provide the service.
Western Australia Wedding Venue Cost
Our friends out west reported spending an average of $12,154 on their wedding venue in 2021, another drop from the national average and a drop from previous years. Again, we think this is largely attributable to COVID restrictions and a lack of interstate guests arriving in WA.
To set a realistic wedding budget for your WA venue, our Venue Specialists recommend looking to previous years average wedding costs and calculating closer to $140-160 per guest.
You May Like: Can You Officiate Your Own Wedding In California