Say Thank You For The Hens/bucks Party Invite
Following the same principle as the engagement party, its often best to send a thank you card after the hens party, bucks party, kitchen tea or bridal shower. Whether or not this is entirely necessary depends on the formality of the event and the amount of organisation that was required to make it happen. If youre hitting the beach or the dance floor you can probably get away without a card , but if its a high tea or girls weekend its best to make your appreciation known. Remember to thank both the bride and the person or people responsible for organising the event.
When You Can’t Make It
Even when you cant make the destination wedding in Hawaii , you can still make your presence felt by letting the couple know youre with them in spirit.
- Congratulations on your big day, ! Wish we could be there to see it.
- So sorry I couldnt be there to celebrate with you. But even though Ill miss the dress, the bouquet and the first dance, I would never miss the chance to wish you all the very best in life as you begin this amazing journey together!
- I wish I could be at your wedding to give you both a hug and tell you how happy I am for you.
- With you in spirit as you join hands and hearts and lives for always.
- As you lift your glasses to each other tonight, I lift mine to you both from afar. Heres to a truly amazing couple and to a marriage filled with every happiness.
- Thinking of you both with love on your wedding day.
- Our warmest thoughts and wishes are with you as you celebrate your marriage.
Writing tip: When you cant make the wedding, you dont have to include an apology in your personal message. Just the act of sending the card lets the couple know youre thinking of them.
Wedding Wishes For Siblings
Your sibling is someone youve grown up with and shared some of lifes defining memories with, and watching them get married is one of the greatest milestones youll share. When writing a wedding card to one of your own siblings, a good rule of thumb is to just write what feels natural to you.
Read Also: Wedding Excel Sheet
Wedding Card Messages For A Work Colleague
Depending on your relationship, it’s likely that you’ll want to be a little more formal with your messaging but still friendly and full of warmth. Here are some suggestions:
Thank you for inviting me/us to be part of your special day and I/we wish you all the best for the future.
Can’t wait to hear about the honeymoon when you’re back in the office! Thank you for letting me/us share in the joy of your special day.
You’re married! Congratulations to you both! Thank you for having me/us at your special day.
Looking forward to changing all your email signatures when you’re back at work? I’ll do my best to get it sorted before you return. Congrats to the new Mr/Mrs .
I feel honoured to have got to know you at work and to be invited to your special day. Congratulations!
Wedding Card Messages For A Family Member
If your cousin is finally tying the knot or your grandparents are renewing their vows Ã¢â¬â so cute! Ã¢â¬â here are some suggestions for what to feature in that all-important wedding card.
Welcome to the family , what a wonderful day and many congratulations!
We’re so happy to have you in our family and for the two families to join together today to celebrate your love.
I/We couldn’t be happier to now call you both family, welcome to the gang!
You’re officially a , what an exciting day and welcome to the family! Congratulations to you both.
It makes me/us happy to see you both happy! Congratulations and welcome to the family .
Recommended Reading: Wedding Planning Excel Spreadsheets
Wedding Card Messages When You Cant Attend
Sometimes things come up and you cant attend the wedding. The right message in a card is the perfect way to give your apologies for not attending.
- With you in spirit as you celebrate your love. Congratulations!
- Wishing you all the happiness in the world as you start your married life together. Sorry we cant be there to share your special day, but please know we are toasting you from afar.
- So sad to miss your special day. Sending all our love and best wishes
- I can only imagine how beautiful you looked and I honestly wish I would have been there to see you smile.
- Your wedding is important. Dont let our absence tell you otherwise. We would have loved to have been a part of your special day. Congratulations!
- We are glad we have the rest of your lives to congratulate you on your nuptials. Best of wishes!
- We still wish you two the best despite your wedding being over already. We hope the beginning of the rest of your lives has been wonderful.
Wedding Wishes For A Co
Some co-workers are close friends and they just happen to also share a workspace while other co-workers have a much more formal and professional relationship. Either way, when writing wedding wishes for a co-worker it is best to keep things professional.
Wishing an awesome life, a happy future with your new spouse!
Wishing you and your spouse a lifetime of happiness!
Thankful that I was invited to share this day with you and your family! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness.
A very important title has been added to you today! Wishing you all the best in your future together
Best wishes to an awesome coworker!
May you have a successful, happy marriage!
When two people like you become a team, a successful marriage is inevitable!
So glad to see my co-worker so happy!
Seeing you so happy around the office has been a joy to all of us! Wishing you all the best in your marriage
I am so honored to share this special day with my special coworker! May your days be filled with happiness
- Do thank them for having you be part of their special day.
- Dont reference where you work.
- Do wish them well for the future and where life may take them.
- Dont mention anyone else from your work or professional life.
Don’t Miss: Wedding Planning Spreadsheet
What To Write In A Wedding Card To A Colleague
If someone in the office is getting married, you can get them your own wedding card or sign a shared one thats passed around. These messages would work for either scenario :
- While Ive never met Hannah, I can see your love for her every time you speak of her. I wish you a long and happy life together, and look forward to seeing the photos of your big day.
- Lets hope you make Olivia tea more often than you do your colleagues! Have a wonderful wedding and enjoy escaping work on your honeymoon.
- What will we do on our tea break now we no longer have wedding dresses to critique and venues to discuss? I hope your big day goes just as youve dreamed and your life together is all that you want it to be.
- Thanks for inviting me to share this day with you and your family.
- You finally got your promotion: from fiancé/fiancé to husband/wife!
Quotes For Sons Wedding
Read Also: Get Ordained Online Nj
Wedding Wishes For Son Or Daughter
When your daughter or son gets married, its a big reason to celebrate. Thinking of what to say in a wedding card to them might be difficult because of the emotions that come with watching your child become part of another family. Whether your daughter, son, daughter-in-law or son-in-law are getting married, these sayings will be sure to inspire you.
Wedding Messages For A Coworker
Celebrating the wedding of a coworker? Surprise them with a wedding card with a kind message. Unless your coworker is also your best friend, keep your words general and office-friendly. Check out these examples if youre stuck on what to say in a wedding card to your coworker.
Don’t Miss: How To Address Family On Wedding Invitation
It Makes Us So Happy To See The Two Of You So Happy Congratulations
We/I love you both. Thanks for letting us share in your celebration.
Today, we add one more member to our family, and we couldn’t be happier. Best wishes to you both.
Brother, thank you for showing me what it means to have someone to count on. Take care of her, and be well.
Today I gain a new sibling and I couldn’t be happier!
What a wonderful day for our family, and especially you two. May the joy you feel today last a lifetime.
Wedding Messages For Friends
With those who you know best, you can skip the formalities and speak straight from the heart. Offer a sincere and genuine message that honors your friendship, as well as your relationship with your friends significant other.
So happy to support you on one of the best days of your life. Wishing you both all the love and happiness in the world.
May you bring each other as much happiness and friendship as youve brought me. Congratulations to the happy couple.
Out of all the memories weve shared together, today certainly tops the list. Best wishes, love you both.
Cheers to love, friendship, and double-dates. Best wishes for your beautiful marriage.
As your friend, it is truly my pleasure to celebrate the both of you today. Your marriage makes the world a better place.
Read Also: Ways To Use Excel To Plan A Wedding
Wedding Card Wishes For A Friend
However long you’ve known your friend, being part of their wedding day is truly special and something you’ll want to convey in your card. Whether you’re head bridesmaid, best man or are a pal from the gym, here is some inspiration on what to feature in that wedding card:
Can’t believe I’m/we’re finally watching you guys finally get married! Congratulations and here’s to many more Sunday pub trips together as couples.
School seems like a long time ago now but I’m so happy we’ve remained friends and I get to see you marry the person you love.
I/we can’t wait to stay friends with you on this next chapter of your lives. Congratulations on your special day.
Sending you good vibes and all the love in the world on your special day my wonderful friends.
When we were younger, remember how we imagined and talked about this day? I knew you’d find your soulmate and I’m so happy for you.
I feel incredibly lucky to call you both my best friends now! Sorry, I’m part of the package!
Promptly Send Out Cards
Swann advises couples to mail their thank you cards as early as a week after the wedding. If you’ve written out cards in batches, send them out in batches too! No need to wait until each and every gift is accounted for. If you receive a gift before the wedding, go ahead and send a prompt thank you. “The thank you note is for the gift itself,” Swann explains. “Although it was intended for the wedding, youre saying thank you for the gift.” So send those notes out right away.
Some photographers include free thank you notes as part of their wedding package. If this is the case for you, it’s understandable to have a bit of a wait. Just clarify the timelines with your photographer so you know when to expect the customized thank you notes. Your guests will understand and will love the special touch!
You May Like: Wedding Planning Spreadsheet Excel
Our Warmest Thoughts And Wishes Are With You As You Celebrate Your Marriage
As you lift your glasses to each other tonight, I lift mine to you both from afar. Hereâs to a truly amazing couple and to a marriage filled with every happiness.
So sorry I couldnât be there to celebrate with you. But even though Iâll miss the dress, the bouquet and the first dance, I would never miss the chance to wish you all the very best in life as you begin this amazing journey together!
I might not be able to be there with you, but know my heart and thoughts are with you on this special day. Here’s to you both and a lifetime of happiness.
How To Fill Out A Wedding Rsvp Card
Youre thumbing through your mail, bill after bill, when you see your name gracefully calligraphed across an envelope way too nice to be a credit card statementa wedding invitation! But before you start fantasizing about what to wear or stressing about a plus one, you need to RSVP. Whether you accept with pleasure or , it turns out there is a right way to respond.
Below, weve gathered intel from Heather Wiese Alexander, a modern etiquette expert, and Jordan Kentris, a graphic designer, on how to decode RSVP etiquette and fill out an RSVP card properly.
Meet the Expert
- Heather Wiese Alexander is a Dallas-based modern etiquette expert who promotes contemporary etiquette. She is also the founder and creative director of the stationery brand BellINVITO.
- Jordan Kentris is a graphic designer and founder of A Good Day He has worked with major brands like Pepsi, Visa, and Mercedes, and his passion for striking design and amazing user experience has brought him to the world of weddings and events.
You May Like: What Wedding Band Looks Best With Solitaire