How Long Do You Have To Send Thank You Cards After A Wedding Is It Ever Too Late
Many months may have passed since you tied the knot, but the chance to mail out your wedding thank you notes has not.
Better late than never.
Whether its been 8 months or a full year, dont let the build-up of having put off this special task be used as an excuse to never mail out your thank yous.
The key is to just realize whats done is done and get those bad boys written! Dont worry if youre already feeling overwhelmed by reading this because weve got a step-by-step process you can easily follow to get this done in no time.
Thank You Wording For People Who Gifted But Couldnt Attend
Oftentimes, if someone is invited to your wedding but cannot attend, they will send a gift in lieu of their presence. This is a lovely gesture, one that should be specifically called out in your wedding thank-you wording to them. Theyll appreciate that you remembered to thank them in addition to all your other wedding guests! Here are some thank you card examples for people who sent a gift but could not attend your big day:
- It was so thoughtful of you to send us a wedding present! While we missed having you at our celebration, we knew you were with us in spirit, and we cant wait to use your generous gift toward our honeymoon!
- Thank you for sending us such a special gift! We so appreciate you sending us love from afar. We hope to see you soon and thank you again in person!
- We were so touched to receive your generous gift! Thank you for thinking of us on our wedding day. We are so grateful for your friendship!
Late Wedding Thank You Card Message From Bride And Groom
We made it through our 1st year!
From the bottom of our hearts we would like to extend a belated, but heartfelt thank you for travelling near and far to share in the joy of our wedding. We had the most amazing day which was made all the more memorable as we were able to share it with you.
Your love, warm wishes and generous gift are truly appreciated. Thank you!
OMG, you made it!!
Thats so worth celebrating
If you havent said your thank you to your friends and family, its not too late to send a belated but heartfelt wedding thank you card to them.
It will be a lovely surprise for them to receive your wedding highlights from a year ago
Read Also: A Practical Wedding Spreadsheets
How To Say Thank You For The Gift To A Family Member
Oddly enough, sometimes its harder to say thank you to a family member than it is to say thank you to a friend or acquaintance. For some reason, we think that family members have to be supportive, so thanking them does not seem as necessary.
Instead, we should be quicker to show gratitude to the people who are closest to us. They are the people who put up with our idiosyncrasies.
Here are some sample messages to send to your parents, siblings, or children.
6. How can I ever thank you enough for our recent trip to Disney World? I am so thankful that the kids got to experience the Magic Kingdom with their grandparents. We love you!
Write thank you gifts for the big and small presents that you receive.
7. I havent taken off my sisters necklace since you gave it to me last week. Thank you for the sweet gift.
Even if the relationship with some of your family members is complicated, make sure you thank them for the nice things they do.
8. God gave me the best gift when he gave me you as parents. Thank you so much for showing me love, support, and encouragement throughout the years.
Dont wait for Mothers Day or Fathers Day to tell your parents, Thank you.
9. You always give the most thoughtful gifts. Thank you for the luggage. I plan to use it when I travel to Europe the summer after graduation.
10. I am the luckiest mom in the world. Thank you for the lovely Mothers Day flowers, cards, and homemade breakfast.
How Do You Write A Good Thank You Note
In a world of texts, direct messages, emails, and tweets, a handwritten thank you note can seem like a thing of the past. But, when done well, there’s nothing quite like receiving a personalized letter conveying your appreciation and gratitude. So, how do you write a good thank you note? It starts with taking the time to craft something that comes from your heart and being thoughtful in your selection of words. You can mention how much their help, gift, job offer, friendship, attendance at your wedding or party, etc. meant to you. Be honest and express your gratitude in your own unique way.
Follow these simple tips, and you’ll be on your way to sending out heartfelt thank you note cards that will be much appreciated.
Don’t Miss: Wedding Spreadsheet Download Excel
Thank You Cards For Kids Who Helped
If your wedding party includes children in roles like junior bridesmaid or groomsman, flower girl, ring bearer, usher, etc., rest assured theyll be thrilled to receive a thank you note addressed just to them! Keep your message short and sweet, but be sure to thank them for the special ways they helped make your wedding special.
- Thank you so much for being our flower girl! You did a great job, and we were honored to have you in our wedding party.
- We were so happy to have you be our ring bearer! Thank you for helping us tie the knot, and for showing us your awesome moves on the dance floor afterward! We love you!
- You were the loveliest junior bridesmaid a girl could ask for! It meant the world to both of us to have you by our side on the most important day of our lives. Thank you for being a part of our celebration!
How To Say Thank You For A Wedding Gift
Start your marriage with expressions of gratitude by sending thank you notes for your wedding gifts. Also, don’t forget to thank parents, attendants, and organizers. Here are some examples.
36. We are so lucky to have such wonderful friends. Thank you so much for traveling to Hawaii for our dream wedding. I hope you had a great time celebrating with us in paradise!
Don’t forget to thank the people who had to travel to attend your wedding.
37. Ryan and I were so excited to receive the Wusthof knife set! Thank you so much for the generous gift.
Most etiquette guides remind new couples to name the specific gift they received.
38. Thank you so much for attending our wedding! It was great to see Amelia she has grown up so much! We also appreciate the monetary gift. We plan to put it toward a vacation to Europe next summer.
Thanking someone for money may feel awkward. However, you don’t have to name the amount you received in a thank you note.
39. Thank you for the generous gift! We plan to use it to remodel the master bathroom in our new house.
You don’t have to use the words “money,” “cash,” or “check.” Instead, label a monetary gift as a “generous gift.”
40. We were sorry that you were unable to attend our wedding. Thank you for the money. We used it to buy a clock when we went to Germany on our honeymoon.
Here’s an example of thanking someone for a specific item purchased with a monetary gift.
Again, no mention of “money” is made in this style of thank you note.
Recommended Reading: What Wedding Band Looks Best With Solitaire
Thank You Wordings For Attending The Wedding
The presence of every person makes the wedding a blissful and splendid event. Its important that you show your appreciation with these thank you wordings.
How To Say Thank You For A Holiday Gift
Did you receive something special for Christmas or another holiday? Don’t forget to say thanks! Here’s how to write the perfect thank you note.
52. Thank you for the beautiful cashmere sweater. I’ll think of you every time I wear it.
Here’s a basic, friendly, thank you note for a thoughtful gift.
53. You have always been so good at picking out gifts. Thank you for the vintage clock I absolutely love it! It goes perfectly in my mid-century modern living room.
Give a shout-out to people who are good at gift-giving.
54. It was so lovely gathering together again after having our holiday celebrations disrupted by Covid. Thank you for hosting the party. We had a wonderful time.
Don’t forget to thank those hosting the celebrations.
55. Thank you for the Christmas check. I’m going to buy new sneakers with it so that I can be prepared for my New Year’s resolutions.
Did you get money for Christmas? Here’s how to say thanks.
56. I love adding to my Christmas village collection. Thank you for the thoughtful gift.
Did you pick out your own gift? You still should say “thanks.”
57. Who doesn’t love putting on a brand-new pair of socks? Thanks for the practical gift. I’m trying to downsize, so I appreciate this gift so much.
Here’s a way to thank someone for a boring but practical gift.
58. I can’t wait to wear my new rain boots! I’m probably the only person looking forward to a rainy day!
We hope that we have taught you that thank you notes don’t have to begin with those words.
Don’t Miss: What Wedding Band Looks Best With Solitaire
Keep A List Of What Each Guest Gave You As A Wedding Gift
This step is one of the most important. Youll want to stay as organized as possible when you open your wedding gifts in order to keep track of who gave you what. Youll want your wedding thank you wording to be heartfelt and personal by specifically mentioning the gift each guest gave you. Even if a guest gave you money, gift cards, or an item from your honeymoon registry, youll need to keep track of it all.
Use Discretion When Addressing Cash Gifts
You might wonder what the proper wedding thank-you card wording is for a cash gift. In the past, it was deemed inappropriate to mention the amount of money you received in a thank-you card for a cash gift, but that isn’t the case today. Some etiquette experts say that writing the number confirms that you received the correct amount in full. Use your judgment to determine what feels right based on your relationship with the guest when it comes to writing your thank-you message.
One thing you should include in a wedding thank-you card for a cash gift, though, is exactly how the money will be used. Guests want to know that their gift will be appreciated, so explain if the cash donation will go to a home renovation project, a puppy fund or date night experiences. If you’ve specifically registered for honeymoon funds, share what kind of activities you will put the money toward.
Don’t Miss: How To Address A Family On A Wedding Invitation
Thank You Messages For Wedding Gift
The gift is so thoughtful. We really loved it. Thank you so much.
Thank you very much for joining us on our most special day. We loved your gift so much.
We were more than happy to have you at our wedding but you really touched our heart with your thoughtful gift. Thank you so much.
Only the presence of you was enough to feel lucky for me. But I can never be more thankful for such a wonderful gift you gave to us. Its just awesome!
We cant wait for enough to use the beautiful gift you got us. Lets have a tea party soon in our place.
Thank you for sharing our special day and helping to make it more memorable! We appreciate your wonderful gift as well. Thanks for everything dear!
Thank you so much for sharing our joy and giving us such meaningful gifts. We will use it wisely.
We were so happy to receive your gift. We are looking forward to using it on special days.
Your wedding gift is so unique. Still, now, I cant keep my eyes off of your gift. This is just wonderful. Thank you so much again dear!
Even if I send you Thank You Notes every single day to tell you how much I have liked your gift, it wont be enough to express my gratitude. Thanks.
First of all, I want to give a big thanks to you for sharing your time on our wedding day with us! It was a memorable day and your gift was so precious to me. God bless you!
Your gift was so thoughtful. We appreciate your love and kindness. Thanks a lot.
Example #13 Flower Girl Thank You Card Wording
Dear Kathleen,Peter and I would like to thank you so much for being our wonderful flower girl! You did such a fantastic job and you stole everyones heart as you led the way down the aisle scattering petals and showing off your sunny smile. We were so lucky to have you as part of our wedding. Thank you for helping make our wedding day extra special. We hope you like your special thank you gift. Lots of love,Auntie Karen & Uncle Pete
Make sure to sign your thank you notes with a warm closing.
The following are all appropriate to use for close friends and family:
Dos and Dont
I hope this makes the process of ordering, sending, and how to word wedding thank you cards a little less painful.
So, whats next?
Oh, weve got no shortage of things to do around here
- Brush up on your wedding thank you card etiquette!
- If you need a refresher on how to address your thank you cards, check out our article on how to address your save-the-dates.
You May Like: Wedding Planning Excel Spreadsheet