What Are Important Questions To Ask My Austin Wedding Venue Before Booking
As with any event space, its important to ask your top Austin wedding venues questions on how they can best accommodate your special day. Austin has a variety of venues that can host events of all kinds, so be sure to ask the following questions to get a true sense of their inner workings.
- Is my date choice available?
- What is the capacity?
- Is this venue recognized by the city of Austin?
- What are the local rules and regulations on spirits and other adult beverages?
- What is the cancellation policy?
Ponderosa Weddings & Events
Ponderosa Weddings & Events is a stunning barn and farm wedding venue located in Smithville, Texas. This rustic wedding…Read more venue is situated on the banks of a gorgeous pond, and can play the perfect host for a wedding of any size. This family-run wedding venue and event-planning company has been…
Best Barn & Farm Wedding Venues In Austin Tx
EDITOR’S CHOICE: We’ve handpicked the best of the best Barn & Farm Wedding Venues in Austin to help you pick the right one for your big day.
Black tie weddings in fancy hotel ballrooms are not everyones style. In fact, formal wedding venues were heavily trending downwards even before social distancing became a conversation topic. Rustic chic projects an air of informality that encourages guests to relax while at the same time opening up the options for pops of creativity. Barn and farm wedding venues are ideal for Instagram-worthy photo setups and individualized décor options.
We have researched the very best barn and farm wedding venues in Austin, Texas, to make your job of pinpointing a venue much more straightforward. Whether you are a home-grown Texan or flying in for a destination wedding, we are confident that each of these venues will provide you with a remarkable memory of your big day.
Best Barn Farm Weddings In Austin
Recommended Reading: How Far In Advance Should You Send Wedding Invitations
What Are Austin Texas Marriage Laws
There are several important laws to consider when getting married in Austin, TX. First, both parties need to be at least 18 years of age or older. Next, they need to obtain a marriage license prior to their ceremony. Texas, as with all states in the United States, recognizes same-sex marriages. Additionally, the state also recognizes common law, or informal, marriages.
What Do I Need To Know Before Planning A Wedding In Austin Tx
Before you begin planning your wedding in Austin, Texas, be sure that you know what types of venues are available, the season youd like to get married in, and the marriage laws for the state of Texas. Additionally, its also good to know what kind of transportation you and your guests will need to get to and from the wedding.
Read Also: What Colors Not To Wear To A Wedding
Check Out More Photos Of Ma Maison Here
28. Mattie’s on the Green is formally known as Green Pastures but has since given themselves quite a modern update. The venue is tucked away in the neighborhood of 78704 and houses of family of colorful and white peacocks. Since the update, they’ve upped their style game with hip and trendy decor on the inside and well manicured greenery on the outside.
Maximum capacity 150
– 5 minutes from Downtown Austin.
Check Out More Photos Of The Red Corral Ranch Here
13. Texas Federation of Womens Club is a historic mansion just off of UT campus. There are many rooms for people to gather but most people use the outside courtyard for the ceremony and large main ballroom with stage for reception.
Pro tip: Think of the ballroom as a beautiful blank space to get creative with. Maximum capacity for ballroom : around 200, courtyard : around 100. ~ 10 minutes from downtown Austin.
Maximum capacity: 200
– 25 minutes from downtown Austin.
Don’t Miss: Can You Rent A Wedding Dress
What Are Houston Texas Marriage Laws
There are several important laws to consider when getting married in Houston. First, both parties need to be at least 18 years of age or older. Next, they need to obtain a marriage license prior to their ceremony. Texas, as with all states in the United States, recognizes same-sex marriages. Additionally, the state also recognizes common law, or informal, marriages.
When Is The Best Time Of Year To Get Married In Austin
The best time of year to get married in Austin is either in the spring, fall, or winter when the weather is much more mild and temperate. Most people steer clear of summer weddings in Austin because the heat and humidity can last all day long without any relief. One thing to consider, however, is that in addition to springtime allergies, Austins cedar trees release their pollen from late winter to early spring. This is locally known as Cedar Fever and it can affect people even if they typically dont have seasonal allergies. So, be mindful of that when planning an outdoor wedding.
Recommended Reading: Where Can I Watch My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding Uk
Best Byob Wedding Venues In Austin
Kourtney Perry/7 Centerpieces
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS FOR WHICH WE’LL RECEIVE A COMMISSION IF YOU CHOOSE TO SHOP THROUGH THE LINKS. PLEASE READ OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Hosting a wedding is certainly not an inexpensive undertaking. From the venue selection to the attire costs, it can all add up to an ungodly amount. If youve been reading this site for any length of time, you know we are always sharing ways to shave down your wedding costs without sacrificing your vision. We make it our mission to help our readers realize their wedding dreams without going bankrupt!
In addition to the number one budget hack to save on your wedding budget, weve identified an additional wedding budget tip that could save you thousands of dollars on your catering costs. Most couples want to provide their wedding guests with amazing food and drink to celebrate their big day. And weve discovered that alcohol costs, not food costs, are the real culprit behind rising catering costs. One way to greatly reduce your alcohol costs is to choose a venue that allows you to bring in your own booze .
Weve identified 7 venues in the greater Austin area that allow couples to bring in their own alcohol to serve to their wedding guests. The fact that these venues are BYOB makes them affordable wedding venues. The fact that weve identified them makes them stunning venue options for couples looking to save on their wedding costs.
The Line Hotel Austin
Located on the south edge of downtown adjacent to Lady Bird Lakes serene shores, The LINE Hotel Austin is a relatively new contemporary hotel venue with top-notch accommodations, natural window light galore and views of both downtown and the lake. Host your reception in their sprawling ballroom with walls of windows overlooking the water so dreamy!
You May Like: Where To Have A Destination Wedding Cheap
Austin Accommodations And Travel
If you’d expect a unique city to have unique accommodations, then you’d be absolutely right. Austin offers distinctive lodgings from chic urban boutique hotels and big name resorts to small charming inns and homey bed & breakfasts. Whether you choose a small budget motel for around $60 a night or a luxury hotel for $600 a night, you’ll be able to find accommodations that are just your style.
Flying into Austin is easy with Austin-Bergstrom International Airport just about 20 minutes outside of downtown Austin. Transportation here is similarly stress-free, and you’ll be able to travel around to any of your Austin wedding venues without a worry. You can get to your accommodations and around the area via the Capital Metro Bus Line, MetroRail or taxi. If you want to get familiar with the character of Austin, rent a car and enjoy driving around the city, or rent a bike and get to know the neighborhoods up close.
Check Out More Photos Of The Twfc Here
14. Antebellum Oaks is a venue built for weddings located near lake Travis. There is a large outdoor area equipped for a beautiful ceremony under a tree. There is windowed pavilion that can be opened up if the weather is great.
Pro tip: Yard games work great at this venue.
Maximum capacity: 300
– 28 minutes from downtown Austin.
Also Check: How To Create Wedding Filter On Instagram
Check Out More Photos Of The Four Seasons Here
23. Barton Creek Resort is a huge resort located in west Austin. It has a golf course on site where one of the two reception locations is located. There is a classic ballroom adjoined to a potential ceremony or cocktail room as well as a glass window pavilion that can be opened up or closed as need be.
Pro tip: Try to get ready in a room that isn’t super far away from the groom, the hotel is huge and it can 10 minutes for us to walk from one to the other wasting a lot of time.
Maximum capacity: 500
– 19 minutes from downtown Austin.
24. Hotel Zaza is a brand new hotel located in the thick of downtown with sister hotels in Houston and Dallas. This hotel is known for providing a boutique experience with unique decor unlike any of the major chains out there.
Pro tip: If you’re getting married at one of the downtown churches rent a cute trolley to take you from one location to the other.
Maximum capacity: 300
– downtown Austin.
25. Pecan Springs – A beautiful hill country event facility built in 2014 with a neutral backdrop in mind to allow every couple to add their own special touches to. The venue has an 1800’s era home for getting ready, an outdoor pavilion, and indoor reception hall.
Maximum capacity: 200~
– 22 minutes from downtown Austin
Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center
The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center boasts uniquely Texan architecture and native landscapes and will give your guests an authentic Austin experience. Named after the former first lady who had a love for botanical gardens, this gorgeous venue is conveniently located in southwest Austin.
Your guests will marvel at the stunning grounds with its beautiful landscaping and captivating florals. The glass-enclosed Great Hall, with its high ceiling and magnificent views over the rolling meadows, will transport your guests into their own private garden experience.
The venue has several locations that are perfect for holding an indoor/outdoor wedding celebration and with the ability to bring in your own alcohol, the cost-savings cannot be beaten!
Pricing: Contact venue for details.Capacity: 200 maximum capacity .
Related Content: 7 Most Dangerous Planning Mistakes Couples on a Budget Make
Read Also: What Finger For Wedding Ring
Check Out More Photos Of The Cathedral Here
12. Red Corral Ranch is located in Wimberley, just far away enough that your guests will have horrible cell service . The ranch is equipped with enough rooms to accomodate 30-40 people on site, including a ‘honeymoon suite’. We like this venue because of the variety of locations possible. Most people get married at the lower part of the venue, where the peacocks hang out, then take a hay ride to the barn for the reception. You can also have an outdoor reception here if barns are not your thing or a ceremony on a labyrinth. You can utilize this venue to make it whatever style you have envisioned for your wedding.
Pro tip: Don’t use the small bedroom for hair and make-up, use the dining room in house, it’s much more photogenic. Also, leave the barn doors open and do your first dance at twilight.
Maximum capacity: 200
– 51 minutes from downtown Austin.
What Do I Need To Know Before Planning A Wedding In Houston Tx
Before you begin planning your Houston wedding, be sure that you know what types of venues are available, the season youd like to get married in , and the marriage laws in the area. Other than that, all you will need to know is your ultimate vision for your wedding day and your wedding planner can handle the rest.
Don’t Miss: Wedding Ring Worn On Which Hand
Check Out More Photos Of The Winfield Inn Here
9. Wild Onion Ranch is a family owned ranch complete with cows. You can have the ceremony indoors or outdoors in a beautiful gazebo. The reception can be inside the main building or at the outdoor terrace. The area is beautiful with fountains and flowers. The seating arrangements for guests are scattered throughout the grounds if not placed in the terrace or main building.
Pro tip: Have the dancing in the main hall, it keeps people from getting too hot in the summer months and ensures people stay together for most of the reception.
Maximum capacity: 250
– 15 minutes from downtown Austin.
Check Out More Photos Of The Vineyards At Chappel Lodge Here
20. The W Hotel is as downtown as it gets. The Austin location upholds the W’s reputation of being modern and high end. There is an outdoor terrace option for the ceremony and a plan B option should it rain. The ballroom itself is straight forward but the venue gets extra bonus points for having cool areas to shoot at and easy accessibility to other downtown locations.
Pro tip: Uplighting, again, and check the ACL schedule to see if there will be any events going on at the same time as your wedding.
Maximum capacity: 260
– Downtown Austin.
21. Hotel Ella was formerly known as the Mansion on Judge’s Hill but they have since done extensive remodeling to make it a more modern hotel and venue. The mansion itself is scenic with beautiful architectural design. There are two reception and two ceremony options. The only downfall is the possibility of another wedding going around the same time as your own but the large ballroom with windows covered in christmas lights is worth checking out.
Pro tip: You may have to schedule portrait time around when another bride is doing hers so you have access to more areas.
Maximum capacity: 250
– 5 minutes from downtown Austin.
22. The Four Seasons hotel is another venue with two ballrooms with a possibility of two weddings at once. The indoor ballroom is classic with nice chandeliers. The venue gets points because of its close proximity to Town Lake giving more opportunities for photos as well as a nice ceremony option.
Maximum capacity: 550
Also Check: How Early Should I Send Wedding Invitations
Check Out More Photos Of The Allan House Here
18. Brodie Homestead is a brand new venue that is just now being finished up. It is a huge barn that can accomodate up 400 people! There is a getting ready room for the guys and girls, a large parking lot, and eventually there will be an outdoor space for a ceremony. It gets points for being one of the few venues with rustic charm that can accomodate a large wedding. And the best part?
Maximum capacity: 400
– 10 minutes from downtown Austin.
19. Vineyards at Chappel Lodge is a mostly outdoor venue with two getting ready rooms large enough to get dressed before the ceremony. There is a spot under a tree for ceremony and in the right season you could have a wild flower backdrop. There is an outdoor terrace for the reception as well as an area for the cocktail hour. This venue needs to be tented if there is a chance of rain.
Pro tip: Get ready at a hotel near by as the getting ready rooms can get cramped fast and don’t have the best light.
Maximum capacity: 250
– 18 minutes from downtown Austin.
Check Out More Photos Of Mattie’s Here
29. Commodore Perry is a sophisticated and high-end Auberge resort not far from UT campus. They have an indoor chapel for ceremonies as well as a beautifully manicured garden lawn for outdoor ceremonies or tented receptions. The grounds are stunning to photograph with no exception to the rooms themselves.
Maximum capacity 120
Also Check: Best Places To Register For Wedding
Check Out More Photos Of Antebellum Oaks Here
15. The Blanton Museum is one of the lesser known venues in Austin likely because they have more rules than your average venue since it is also an art gallery. The reception space is vast and modern with an outdoor park nearby that is good for photos. Some people will have a smaller ceremony in one of the galleries but some opt to get married in a church near by.
Pro tip: Tall centerpieces look great in this venue.
Maximum capacity: 300
– 3 minutes from downtown Austin.
16. Laguna Gloria is also a modern art venue but has a very different feel to it. It is mostly an outdoor venue with an indoor getting ready area and potentially an indoor cocktail area. You can have the ceremony down by the lake overlooking the pathways or right next door to the main building. When it rains it will need to be tented and the grounds are not open to vendors until later in the day due to museum hours. We have photographed weddings large and small here.
Pro tip: Make sure your family knows where to be for family portraits and when, since the venue is vast and scenic it’s easy to wander around.
Maximum capacity: 150
– 10 minutes from downtown Austin.
Best Austin Wedding Venues
2022 Updated with map
As a wedding photographer in Texas, I have shot at most of the wedding venues in the Austin and Hill country area so I have comprised a more detailed list of some of my favorites. Austin is lucky enough to home a variety of options from rustin hill country to modern city, whatever you style, Austin has created the perfect location for your wedding. These venues are what I think are, the best Austin wedding venues based on the light, variety of photos, and uniqueness.
There is also a longer list at the bottom of more Austin area venues.
– 45 minutes from downtown Austin.
Don’t Miss: Western Wedding Suits For Groom